Preventive behaviors are cost-effective and, in many cases, easier to achieve than life-long treatment regimens. However, when faced with a disease, residents from rural or disadvantaged communities may have a difficult time navigating and understanding the system thereby reducing their ability to effectively control chronic conditions.
Approaches to healthier living:
- Ensure residents have appropriate access points to care.
- Use Rx for Health or similar models to begin the conversation about prevention with patients.
- Offer learning sessions about health information to your employees.
- Use gardens as a learning tool for youth.
- Provide resources to parents about local services.
- Visit your provider’s website to stay informed.
- Plan and develop health screening days for your neighborhood group.